City Water Conservation Efforts
In an effort to conserve water around South Ogden City, we are implementing the following guidelines for the summer months. You will start to see certain parks and city owned grass areas move to a yellow/tan color instead of green.
- Leisure (non-sport field areas) parks, Sports fields/parks will have a reduced watering schedule. A field being actively used for sports, will be maintained for safety.
- Mowing will occur every 10 to 14 days instead of every 7 days (33% reduction through Oct. 1)
- Grass will be longer on all city owned properties in order to help it survive drought conditions
- Splash Pad hours of operation will be reduced to M,W,F,S,S from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. This reduces the hours of operation from the current 70 hours to 40 hours per week (43% reduction) but still allows access during the busiest times
- City will only water during allowed times of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. If sprinklers are on during restricted hours the public are invited to call the Public Works Department at 801.622.2901.